Wednesday, August 10, 2011

For all females getting in shape

For the sake of many females who are looking to get in shape I am using myself as a human ginnypig.

So far, one conclusion I have is that I am not so sure about “No Pain No Gain” anymore. I think “No commitment No result” is more appropriate. Why you might ask.

If you’ve been following my mindless mumbles. You will know that I am on this 12 week program. I am currently almost at the end of week 3 and is following the workouts as planned, upping the weights in almost every exercise. The only thing I adjusted was the commitment of not taking supplements. Simply, I was in too much pain to push and pull after each session. So I started taking a Whey Protein shake after my weight lifting sessions, and the muscle pain is non existence. Seriously. You might be thinking, ah she is not lifting heavy enough.

Let me firstly remind you that I am 160cm tall and 126lbs here are my records just for a couple of moves:

Lower Body  

Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Warm up
Set 1
Set 2
Set 3
Warm up
Set 1
Set 2
Set 3
Warm up
Set 1
Set 2
Set 3
Bar Bell Squat
Bar x 12 reps
20lbs x 12 reps
25lbs x 12 reps
25lbs x 12 reps
Bar x 12 reps
30lbs x 10 reps
35lbs x 10 reps
40lbs x 10 reps
Bar x 12 reps
40lbs x 12 reps
50lbs x 10 reps
50lbs x 10 reps
Stiff legged deadlift
30lbs x 10 reps
60lbs x 12 reps
60lbs x 12 reps
60lbs x 12 reps
40lbs x 20 reps
70lbs x 10 reps
70lbs x 10 reps
70lbs x 10 reps
40lbs x 20 reps
70lbs x 12 reps
80lbs x 12 reps
80lbs x 12 reps


As you see, I am no joking when I said I was lifting heavy. And remember the Bar on the Bar Bell Squat rack thing at the gym is @ 45lbs a piece and add on the extra plates. (please can someone reconfirm that the bar is indeed 45lbs or not!!!!)

So what I am doing today (upper body again which involves unassisted dips) and tomorrow (lower body and leg press again!!!!) is I will do my work outs and NOT TAKE MY PROTEIN SHAKE. I want to experience the difference in the level of pain discomfort and how different my energy plus overall well being level will be like tomorrow to reconfirm if I am going to recommend Protein shake it to you guys!

Stay tune and stay strong!
Singing off for now.
Cuppypowers
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment