Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 7 of P90X - my way

Day 7

Hello everybody, It is day7 of my P90X program, it’s been going great so far I am not in much pain at all. P90X is not as scary as it sounds, at least for the LEAN version.

After training according to P90X LEAN which consist of :
Day 1.Core Synergistic
Day 2. Cardio X
Day 3. Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X
Day 4. Yoga X
Day 5. Legs & Back, Ab Ripper X
Day 6.Kenpo X
Day 7. Rest or X Stretch

The above 7 days will be repeated for another 2 weeks. I did the following instead of the P90X LEAN

Day 1.Core Synergistic
Day 2. Cardio X
Day 3. Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X
Day 4. Skipped the Yoga X (my bad)
Day 5. Legs & Back, Ab Ripper X
Day 6. Spinning + Kenpo X
Day 7. Body Combat + X Stretch


The reason why I added the Spinning and the Body Combat into the P90X program is that the cardio that has been placed within the training routine is not intense enough for me. I do not break out in a sweat when I do them. For Example. I did Spinning class at the gym at lunch time and did Kenpo X after work. In theory, I should find Kenpo X to be quite challenge to complete since I already completed a workout at lunch, but I completed the work outs and woke up this morning with minimal amount of muscle pain. So I decided I felt energized enough to go to my regular Body Combat class where I had an amazing time and sweated it out for the 2nd time this week, following the Spinning which I did yesterday. I shall go home tonight and do my X Stretch and my plan for the next couple of week will be as follow:

Day 1.Core Synergistic
Day 2. Cardio X
Day 3. Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X
Day 4. Hatha Yoga at the gym (instead of Yoga X)
Day 5. Legs & Back, Ab Ripper X
Day 6. Spinning + Kenpo X
Day 7. Body Combat + X Stretch

By replacing the Yoga X with HATHA Yoga at the gym, I hope that I will be able to commit to 1hr of yoga a week, like the P90X has designed the program. The benefit is there will be an instructor on hand to help me and that once I step my feet into that studio at the gym, there is no turning back! ( I do not like yoga, i have tried it before and found the exercise to be too slow and very very very painfull!!!! However, I have no intention of give up and it. I am committed to do the P90X as close to the original version as possible.)

I think i want to add a mental note that, i feel if i were to just stuck with doing the Kenpo X and Cardio X alone and if I did not see result after 90 days, I would be very disappointed and cheated on myself (when I know for a fact that the cardio exercise intensity was nowhere near where I am used to..) Moreover, I think it would be rather unfair to the program and Tony for coming up with the program which I am sure is effective to many people out there.

All of the above might change in Week 4 where the P90X program will be changing. I can not wait!!!!

Sorry for being so long winded, hope to hear from you soon
Signing off for now.
Cuppypowers
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment